These three sessions of teachings were given at Rigpe Dorje centre in Bern, Switzerland.
Buddhism in Everyday Life. Session 1: Am I Dream or Am I Reality? 2: Open Space Q&A 3: Love and Compassion
Part 1. The Nature of Reality
What is reality?
– Interdependence; dependently and relatively existing
– It’s a little bit like a dream in a way
– Wisdom and compassion
Part 2. Questions & Answers
– Aging and emotions?
– Organ donation?
– Right speech?
– Expectation, fear, judgment vs. discrimination/knowing?
– How can we experience wisdom and emptiness?
– What exactly is it that causes the change for better?
– Environmental problem?
– Feeling of shame?
– Finding inner peace and losing fear of death?
Part 3. Love and Compassion: The Challenge and Application
– Love often comes with attachment. Kindness is a way of being, without expecting anything in return; a good heart.
– Compassion is the wish that people will be free from suffering. Not feeling others’ suffering or suffering with them. Where you focus the mind is on freedom and not on suffering.
– Compassion for yourself: taking refuge
– Wisdom is the most direct way of bringing lasting peace and happiness, but the second is compassion. Behind every war is our negative emotions. Compassion is the opposite of them all.
– Delaying the reaction, understanding the situation more fully and bringing in kindness and compassion instead of negative reaction transforms the whole situation.
– If everybody starts to be kind to each other today, tomorrow the world will be a heaven.
Two versions: English only (files 1-3) and with German translation (files 4-6).
For more information, visit: http://www.rigpedorje.ch/