At the Invitation of Rigpa, Rinpoche gave a talk in San Francisco “Transforming Fear and Aversion, Mahayana Meditation for Training the Mind in Compassion”
Friday 4 April:
– learning to accept ourselves, our faults and weaknesses
– working with our mind to improve ourselves, get control of our mind and change the way we see.
– Dharma is human experience not Tibetan
– Ignorance, attachment and aversion are our main problem.
– Main point of Lojong is to look directly into what those three are
– looking directly at our own way of reacting, our mind and dealing with it.
Saturday 5 April Morning: The teaching touched on the actual practice of Lojong
– the history of Lojong, coming to Tibet
– 3 yanas – Geshe Chekawa slowly teaching it
– Lojong starts with preliminaries
– two bodhicittas – changing the way we see, acting in a completely different way from usual
– Tonglen is not gradual, it’s a direct way – a head on collision
– answered questions
– translated 3 stanzas by Serlingpa, Atisha’s teacher entitled (roughly)
“How to Integrate Lojong Practice into Daily Life.”