A public talk, organised by Bodhicharya Kent in Rochester, UK, on the topic Meeting Challenges – Unshaken by Ups and Downs.
Sometimes everything is going well with us, but sometimes it is not. Whether we like it or not, there are many problems and difficulties in our life. All of us get old, all of us get sick, and all of us will also die. Everything that we want, will not happen like we hoped, and we cannot avoid everything we don’t want. It is very important to understand and accept these hard facts of life.
When we understand that, then our small problems will not totally shake us, since we know that life is uncertain. We are able to carry those difficulties as part of life.
How I feel and how much I’m affected by these challenges depends on how I am – on how I’m thinking and on my habitual ways of reacting. It is possible to change these. I can transform myself and the way I experience. This is our greatest power and the true solution to our problems.
Some notes from Questions and Answers:
– We need to accept how we are before we can change.
– Too much acceptance can also be a problem.
– Accepting the fact that nobody is perfect is forgiveness.
– Aspiration should be very big, but what we actually can do about it now has to be something that is possible for us here and now, like having a good heart and a good motivation, and then improve from there in the long run.
– Environmental pollution problem can be solved by technology.
For more information, visit: https://bodhicharya-kent.org/