Shantideva’s Guide to the Bodhisattva’s Way of Life – Part 3
3. Taking Hold of Bodhicitta
This free 10 lesson online course, hosted by the Buddhist Society London, started on Thursday 18th February and continues until 1st July 2021 (full course outline and dates below).
Each lesson will explore a chapter of the Guide to the Bodhisattva’s Way of Life.
Join the event on Zoom (No registration required)
Meeting ID: 860 9480 3180
Dial by your location: 0131 460 1196 United Kingdom
H.E. Ringu Tulku Rinpoche will analyse the Bodhicharyavatara, often translated as A Guide to the Bodhisattva’s Way of Life, an 8th-century masterpiece from Indian scholar and yogi Shantideva. In each of the ten lessons, H.E. Ringu Tulku Rinpoche will focus on one of the ten chapters of the Bodhicharyavatara.
The Bodhicharyavatara is regarded as one of the most important Tibetan Buddhist texts and is studied extensively by Tibetan Buddhist practitioners everywhere. Rinpoche delivers his understanding of the text in a way that makes it fully accessible to anyone who is looking for support and help in these times.
Times in GMT
- Lesson 1. The Excellence of Bodhicitta – Thursday 18th February at 12pm
- Lesson 2. Confession – Thursday 25th February at 12pm
- Lesson 3. Taking Hold of Bodhicitta – Thursday 11th March at 12pm
- Lesson 4. Carefulness – Thursday 25th March at 12pm
- Lesson 5. Vigilance – Thursday 22nd April at 12pm
- Lesson 6. Patience – Thursday 6th May at 12pm
- Lesson 7. Diligence – Thursday 20th May at 12pm
- Lesson 8. Meditation – Thursday 3rd June at 12pm
- Lesson 9. Wisdom – Thursday 17th June at 12pm
- Lesson 10. Dedication – Thursday 1st July at 12pm
These classes are free and open to non Buddhist Society members, but students are encouraged to join The Buddhist Society as members to support our wonderful free classes and courses and donations are very welcome.
Find out more here: www.thebuddhistsociety.org