Ringu Tulku Rinpoche is a Tibetan Buddhist Master of the Kagyu Order. He was trained in all schools of Tibetan Buddhism under many great masters such as HH the 16th Gyalwa Karmapa and HH Dilgo Khentse Rinpoche. He took his formal education at Namgyal Institute of Tibetology, Gangtok and Sampurnananda Sanskrit University, Varanasi, India and has served as Professor of Tibetology in Sikkim for 17 years. His doctoral thesis was on the Ecumenical Movement in Tibet.
Since 1990 he has been traveling and teaching Buddhism and meditation at more than 50 Universities, Institutes and Buddhist Centres in Europe, USA, Canada, Australia and Asia. He also participates in various interfaith dialogues. He authored several books on Buddhism as well as some children’s books both in Tibetan and European languages.
He founded Bodhicharya (www.bodhicharya.wpengine.com ), an international organization that coordinates the worldwide activities to preserve and transmit Buddhist teachings, to promote inter-cultural dialogues and educational & social projects. He also founded Rigul Trust which supports his projects in his birthplace, Rigul, Tibet (www.rigultrust.org ).
Rinpoche is the Official Representative of His Holiness the 17th Karmapa for Europe and the Founder of Karmapa Foundation Europe (www.karmapafoundation.eu).
Latest news from Ringu Tulku Rinpoche:
- Rinpoche Has Started Teaching on the Bodhicharyavatara
- A message from Ringu Tulku Rinpoche
- Rinpoche’s Teaching Schedule 2020
- Greetings for New Year 2020
- North America Teaching Tour 2019
- Sogyal Rinpoche: As I Remember
- Life Is A Continuous Celebration
- The passing of Rager Ossel
- H.E. Jetsun Khandro Rinpoche visits Bodhicharya Berlin
- Rinpoche’s Teaching Schedule 2019