We just want to let you know that the Buddhist Society London is starting a free 10 lesson online course on Thursday 18th February.
Each lesson will explore a chapter of Shantideva’s Guide to the Bodhisattva’s Way of Life.
Ringu Tulku Rinpoche will analyse the Bodhicharyavatara, often translated as A Guide to the Bodhisattva’s Way of Life, an 8th-century masterpiece from Indian scholar and yogi Shantideva. In each of the ten lessons, H.E. Ringu Tulku Rinpoche will focus on one of the ten chapters of the Bodhicharyavatara.
The Bodhicharyavatara is regarded as one of the most important Tibetan Buddhist texts and is studied extensively by Tibetan Buddhist practitioners everywhere. Rinpoche delivers his understanding of the text in a way that makes it fully accessible to anyone who is looking for support and help in these times.
Times in GMT
- Lesson 1. The Excellence of Bodhicitta – Thursday 18th February at 12pm
- Lesson 2. Confession – Thursday 25th February at 12pm
- Lesson 3. Taking Hold of Bodhicitta – Thursday 11th March at 12pm
- Lesson 4. Carefulness – Thursday 25th March at 12pm
- Lesson 5. Vigilance – Thursday 22nd April at 12pm
- Lesson 6. Patience – Thursday 6th May at 12pm
- Lesson 7. Diligence – Thursday 20th May at 12pm
- Lesson 8. Meditation – Thursday 3rd June at 12pm
- Lesson 9. Wisdom – Thursday 17th June at 12pm
- Lesson 10. Dedication – Thursday 1st July at 12pm
These classes are free and open to non-Buddhist Society members, but students are encouraged to join The Buddhist Society as members to support our wonderful free classes and courses and donations are very welcome.
Each class will also be recorded and made available to members of the Ringu Tulku Archive at a later date. But by registering with The Buddhist Society you will gain access to any extra online materials such as bibliographies, notes, slides, links and a question and answers forum.
To find out more, visit: